Town Board: 2nd Monday of each month, 7:30 p.m. at the Town Hall
Plan Commission: Meeting is the 1st Monday of each month, 7:30 p.m. at the Town Hall. If you wish to be placed on the agenda, contact Paul Hueg.
Annual Town Meeting: 2nd Tuesday in April at 7:30 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Caucus is the 2nd Monday in January, every year.
Property tax bills are mailed in late December. First half payment is jue January 31 to the Town Treasurer. Second half payment is due July 31 to the St. Croix County Treasurer, Hudson.
Garbage and recycling drop-off site at the Town Hall, 1816 County Road E.
Every household in the Town of Hammond is assessed $60 to use the town dump. This allows you to bring 60 bags of garbage; recycling is free. You will receive punch cards with your tax payment receipt in January or they may be purchased at the dumpsite.
Hours for the garbage and recycling center are:
Saturday’s: October - April 8:00 a.m. - Noon / May – September 8:00 – Noon.
Summer hours - first Wednesday of May - last Wednesday of September, 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Times are subject to change seasonally.
St. Croix County Recycling Newsletter - Your Wasteline: Phone 715-531-1907, website - www.sccwi.us/recycling
All dogs in St. Croix county must have a rabies vaccinations and must have a dog license as required under Wisconsin statues. All dogs 5 months or older require a license that can be obtained from the Town Treasurer with proof of rabies vaccination. Prices for the Town of Hammond are $5.00 for spayed/neutered or $10.00 for others.
Facilities include: town office, Kitchen facilities, layground, ball field, recycling and garbage center. The facility is abailable to rent by any resident of the Town of Hammond for a fee. Contact Paulette Anderson for availability at 612-229-6014 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Voting is held at the Hammond Town Hall from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
What are the guidelines for Burning in the Town of Hammond?
Town of Hammond Burning Regulations
- Town residents are to call Fire Dispatch at 715-684-2112 to inform them that they are going to be burning. They will be required to leave a phone number (preferable a cell) with dispatch so that in the event someone calls and reports a fire, dispatch can then call the resident and find out if their fire is in control.
- The only time you will not be able to burn is if the Town Chair has notified Fire Dispatch that a burning ban is in effect for the Town of Hammond, until the notice is rescinded.
- Residents are allowed to have recreational fires, burn brush, leaves, only clean untreated wood, clean paper products (such as cardboard) and vegetation.
- Burning of plastic, garbage, asphalt, treated and painted wood, rubber or oily substances is prohibited.
- Don’t burn without fire fighting tools handy and available and never leave the fire unattended; always have a phone with you.
- Don’t burn if conditions are dry, the wind is stronger than 8 miles per hour or if the weather forecast indicates the wind will increase during the time you burn.
- The resident is responsible if your fire gets away, and becomes liable for all expenses incurred in suppressing a fire and will be responsible for all damages caused by this fire.